This hands-on workshop series will provide you with the skills you need to hit the ground running to effectively, confidently, and profitably use VR in the AEC industry.
Whether you currently use VR or have been meaning to try it, this course is a comprehensive look at applied uses of VR that goes beyond the basics of setup and software use. Class size limited.
Register before Dec. 31 for Earlybird Discount!
WORKSHOP 1: 1/18/18 Spatial Computing in AEC
Course summary: We'll begin with industry insight on spatial computing and the AEC industry and the economics of VR usage in architecture and construction that may surprise you. We'll review VR core competencies and how to teach them to your colleagues--because VR is more useful as a team.
At the end of this Workshop you will understand:
- How computing is shifting to be 3D, interactive, and spatial
- The impact of spatial computing on the AEC industry including AR and VR.
- What are the money saving/money making opportunities that VR provides?
- Nuts and bolts of VR use.
With its focus on cost savings and industry trends, Project Managers, Owners, and Developers will be especially interested in this class.
WORKSHOP 2: 1/25/18 Modeling for VR--Just as Fast
Course Summary: How to make your model VR ready and save money doing it. We will teach you how to leverage the work you're already doing to make your models VR Ready. We will uncover best practices to improve your 3D models for VR as well as tips and tricks for using "Instant VR" software. We'll show you how modeling for VR will save you time and money in other areas.
At the end of this class you will understand:
- Best practices for making your models VR ready
- How better modeling eliminates work in other areas
- Best practices for "Instant VR" solutions
- Introduction to Unity and Unreal VR for customizable experiences
Your VDC Coordinator and BIM manager told us they want you to take this class.
WORKSHOP 3: 2/1/18 Running a VR Meeting: How, When, and Why
Course Summary: Know how and when to use VR with clients to streamline decisions and extract value--all without embarrassing yourself. This class will provide you with insights for how and why to introduce your clients to VR and will be full of tips and best practices for running a VR meeting confidently while also capturing valuable feedback from your clients.
- Preparing your clients for a comfortable, focused, productive VR meeting
- Extracting the value--capturing feedback from your clients
- The economics of VR meetings with your clients including when NOT to use VR
- How to operate Multi-user VR experiences
Contractors, Project Architects, and Material Suppliers will love this class.