This workshop will provide an overview of construction accounting processes, construction cost management systems, job costs and job cost reporting, the Work In Progress (WIP), and the most important elements of a contractor’s financial statements.
The following topics will be covered:
- Producing accurate financial statements.
- Percentage of completion accounting.
- Work in Progress reports.
- From estimate to punch-list.
- Communication is key, your PM and accounting.
- What your bookkeeper needs to know.
- Using financial statements in your business.
- How these reports can help you manage your business.
- Job costing.
- COGS, indirect costs and gross profits.
- G&A expenses.
- Choosing a CPA.
Presented by: Conor Davidson, Bond Broker, ELIOT, POWELL, BADEN & BAKER, INC.
Conor has been a distinguished member of the construction financial management community for more than a decade. After graduating first in class from the University of Virginia, he began his career as a Contract Surety Underwriter with the ICW Group. As an underwriter, he developed an understanding of construction accounting and the risks involved in the industry. He then transitioned into a role as the controller for Kola, Inc., a General Contractor working for the Federal government. There he increased his industry knowledge and became familiar with the day-to-day challenges of running a construction company. Conor has brought this well rounded knowledge together and will use it to help increase the capacity and profitability of the contractors in his community.
Special Guest Presentation by: METRO
MCIP Workshop and Plan Center Clients: Contact Kimberley at email@example.com to register.