How do you get underperforming, de-motivated employees to become engaged in their work? This three hour interactive workshop focuses on the science behind extrinsic and intrinsic motivation, and introduces the next level of employee action, called engagement. Participants will understand common de-motivating practices of supervisors, and how to avoid them, and proven motivating practices, and how to use them. They will acquire new skills and strategies to engage employees so they give their top efforts and attention to their work.
Participants will come away from this course with new knowledge and skills:
- Learn about the science of motivation
- Understand the relationship between motivation and engagement
- Expand your knowledge about the art of engaging employees
- Discover the power of an individualized approach to supervising
- Discuss case studies to apply your new knowledge
Embedded in the outline above are 2 video clips, 1 small group discussion, and 3 case studies.
Approved for 3 CEUs from the Oregon Construction Contractors Board.