ASPE August Meeting: Cross Laminated Timber
Making Headlines in the Portland Area
The City of Portland has approved the plans for the Framework Building Project. Walsh Construction of Portland will build the 90,000 SF, 12-story, mixed-use project that will rank as one of the tallest timber high-rises to be built in North America. Developers are saying this will be a milestone for wood technology.
Used for floors, roofs, and walls, CLT enables design and construction of tall timber buildings that are safe, reliable, natural, and beautiful. In this presentation, we will discuss the current state of CLT fabrication and testing, cost models, and estimating methods for mass timber structures. We will explore how the CLT industry is raising the bar for quality and inspiring collaboration in the construction industry.
5:30 PM - Social/networking
6:15 PM - Buffet dinner & program
Professionals - $35
Students - $10
Late fee after 8/10 - $10
No Show fee not prepaid - $15
- This program qualifies for 1 CED hour for Oregon CCB license renewal.
- FREE PARKING - go to any paystation, select 3 hours, enter the passcode 19903 to generate a pass to display on your dashboard. You will need to provide your vehicle license plate number.
- No host bar in the adjacent restaurant, Lincoln Station Grill, during social/networking time
- Cancellations will not be refunded after August 10th.
- Walk-ins and late registrants will incur an additional $10 fee.
- No-show reservations not pre-paid will be invoiced $45 plus a $15 processing fee.